Supplemental Medical Accident Insurance
Accidents happen, and unexpected injuries can lead to unanticipated costs that can strain your finances
Supplemental Medical Accident Insurance Coverage, from Aetna, helps cushion the impact of an accident by providing a cash benefit you can use for copays, deductibles, non-medical bills and other expenses your medical plan and other insurance does not cover.
When an accident that leads to injury occurs, you receive a cash benefit to use as you see fit, no matter what your medical plan covers. You can purchase coverage for yourself, you and your dependent children under age 26, you and your spouse, or you and your family – to meet your needs and budget:
- There are no age restrictions to enroll.
- Benefits cannot be reduced due to age.
- You, your spouse and your children are eligible for the same benefit amounts.
You can enroll in this coverage even if you do not enroll in one of the AutoNation medical options.
Some Key Features of the Supplemental Medical Accident Plan
- Coverage is available for employees, spouses, and dependent children
- Guaranteed acceptance – no medical questions asked
- Benefits available immediately after your AutoNation coverage effective date
- Additional benefits paid for treatment of injuries received by a dependent child participating in an organized sport
- Health Screening benefit included
- No benefit reductions after a certain age
- Portable – you can continue coverage if you are no longer an eligible employee
Health Screening Benefit
Associates in the Critical Illness, Supplemental Medical, and/or Supplemental Hospital insurance are eligible to earn a $50 health screening benefit once per year, per member, per plan.
For example, if I am in all three plans, and I also have my spouse in all three plans, and we complete 1 health screening each that qualifies for the benefit (such as the MSRP Biometric Screening), we can submit a claim and we would each $300 in health screening benefits for that year.
Make sure to review the “Approvable Health Screenings” for each of the plans that you have, the list varies slightly by plan.
Below you will find additional buttons that house resources such as an overview of the plan, a member story to outline how the benefit works, frequently asked questions (FAQ’s), and more.